Friday, September 30, 2011
Tug is way too smart! :)
I have discovered that Tug is way smarter than I give him credit for sometimes. He has been amazing in how fast he learns new things in agility. That and he as learned to open our back door to let himself back in. Anyway back to agility... Tug is now doing the teeter ground to ground. It took him no time at all to figure it out and he does it confidently. He does both the dog walk and the a-frame at full height as well but we limit the a-frame for joint stress reasons. Once the light bulb went on with his contact behavior, he was like "I got this Mom, no problem." Now we are starting to learn weave poles. Not only is he learning how to do them but I am learning a new way to train them (2x2 training instead of channel training). Tug is picking it up increadibly fast. We have been working for almost 3 weeks and I have just added a second set of 2x2 poles (total of 4 poles now). I'm pretty sure if I didn't have work (and rain) getting in the way of agility he'd be weaving by now. :) I'm kind of impressed by my fuzzy little man.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Isn't it fun watching those light bulb moments?
ReplyDeleteI love seeing them!! I get to see a lot of them as we are going through the 2x2 training :)
ReplyDelete