Tug started agility classes at BRAG a couple of weeks ago. He is having a blast and is going to be nothing but fun to run! I can already tell he is going to be fast like momma Izzy. I've never seen daddy Jordy run but I'm told he is speedy as well. :) He learned the chute the first night - pushed right though the fabric like it was nothing. Tunnels he's seen since he was young so he loves those. Loves the contact obstacles, still working on our contact end behavior (stopping at the bottom). He won't learn to jump until he's a little older but judging from how he pings around the house jumping on and off the couch, I don't think he'll have a problem with jumping. It will just be a matter of teaching him proper jumping technique. ;) I have to learn to trust him already. As long as I have food, he's coming back to me after the obstacles. So I just need to stop holding him back so that later on I can get that full speed out of him.
Tug is going to show again in a couple of weeks so we have to start practicing again. I've learned that while he likes being in the ring - I think he enjoys being the center of attention - the grooming involved is not his favorite thing. So we will work on that!
No comments:
Post a Comment