Sunday, October 30, 2011

Delaware Shows

Tug and I went up to the Delaware County Fairgrounds for the Delaware County Kennel Club show this weekend.  This is the first time that Tug and I have shown 2 days in a row and I was interested to see how he would do.  Actually, we ended up showing 3 days.  The club held a "puppy" match on Friday night.  Tug didn't do so well for that.  It was almost a 3 hour wait ringside for our breed.  Tug did well during the wait but I think by the time we went in the ring, he was done with the whole night.  He was extremely happy to see his sister, Heidi :-)

Saturday brought a refreshed and wild Tug.  I was a little worried going into the ring that he was going to be crazy but he settled down and showed wonderfully!!!  He came home with his second point, going Winners Dog and then Best of Winners.  So proud of him! :-)

Sunday again brought a crazy Tug.  He again settled down going into the ring and showed well.  Different judge, different results though and Tug came home with Reserve Winners Dog.  I'm still very proud of how my young dog showed and what was even more interesting was that I could tell that Tug is enjoying it.  As we were standing ringside, waiting for to go back in to show for winners dog today, Tug kept looking at me, looking at the ring and kind of leaning towards the ring.  It was if he was saying "Come on Mom!  Let's go!  I got this!" :-)

Our next show is going to be here in Columbus in November.  I'm hoping that my parents will be able to come out and see him strut his stuff.  Although it might make me a little more nervous, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment