Saturday, October 15, 2011

First Point!!

Tug and I went to Urbana today for a conformation show.  It was our first one since the last weekend of August.  Tug was the only one in 12-18 month dog class and then we went back in the ring for Winners Dog.  I didn't really expect him to get anything as he is still young and, although he looks more like an adult, he still doesn't have his full coat.  Well, surprise, surprise - my little boy took Winners Dog and got his first point!!!  We went back in for Best of Breed with "Uncle" Moon and a couple other Kees.  We came out with a Best of Winners ribbon!!  I'm so proud of Tug.  He showed very well, he free stacked wonderfully and our down and backs/around the rings weren't totally out of control.  They were a little slow due to the fact that before we went in the ring, Tug was wired and Ruth and I felt it was probably best to have him go slower than have him totally out of control and breaking stride.  I'm soooo proud of my little boy!!! :-)  We stopped at Homestead Park on the way home for a short walk in the beautiful (but WINDY!) weather.  I'll post pictures soon!

1 comment: